Knowledge is your Best Insurance
Should you be involved in a collision, the following information will assist you when reporting the details of the accident to the police and in your communications with your insurance company.
- Make sure no one is injured. If there are injuries, call for emergency assistance immediately
Report the Accident Immediately
- A police report will assist in filing and accident claim with your insurance company.
Make a Sketch of the Accident Site
- A sketch of the site showing the position of all vehicles and people involved will help when reporting details of the accident.
- Use your cell phone or digital camera to take photos which are a great help when trying to explain the circumstances of the accident.
- Get appropriate information (name, address, phone, insurance etc.) from all parties involved ? including witnesses.
Don't Sign a Tow Authorization
- Your vehicle may be covered for Roadside Assistance (see explanation page 1, Your Rights as a Toyota owner) in either case, an authorized tow can be arranged. Simply call 1?888?TOYOTA8 (1?888?869?6828). For additional information on Roadside Assistance click here.
Know Your Rights
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident. Your insurance company may wish to direct you to a body shop they use to obtain a repair estimate. You do not have to accept this facility to repair your vehicle.
- Make sure your insurance company knows that you expect the repair to be carried out using Genuine Toyota Collision Parts.
- Make sure your insurance company knows that you expect your Toyota to be restored to its pre-accident condition at a Toyota Certified Collision Centre.